Thursday, December 13, 2012

SNAKE VILLAGE IN HANOI: Shot of vodka with snake blood – Reading this might be disturbing!



Leaving Asia without trying some weird food wouldn’t be a real experience of Asia. There is a big choice of weird food you can try since Asians eat literally everything. I’m always up for trying weird fruit and vegetables, but when it’s about eating animals then I become a bit picky. In Vietnam they eat dogs and cats. They have farms of dogs and they kill them in a really cruel way since they want their meat to be full of adrenalin before they die (apparently then it tastes better). People have different opinions about this, some of them say that dog is a friend, others say that dog’s meat is like any other meat. I could agree with both, but still - I will never eat a dog or a cat and I don’t support how they kill them. 



Snake village in Hanoi is definitely a place for trying weird food. Only the idea of eating snake was disgusting to me, but I still decided to do it. First thing that we needed to do when we arrived there was to choose a place where we will eat. We checked out one place where the guy was showing us which snakes he has but it was too expensive so we went to another place.


The other place had more reasonable price. Small snake was around  38$ and Cobra was 47$. There were 7 of us so we decided to share Cobra.

 

The process of killing a snake is a bit disturbing. First they turn it's head and make a small cut near the heart to squeeze the blood.


Then they take out the heart and intestines.




 Then they cut their heads and peel off the skin.




 This is the Cobra that we bought.


 You eat the heart while it's still beating.


Shot of vodka with snake blood had no special flavor.




After having shots they brought us a bunch of food! All of this food made only of 1 Cobra. It was actually really good but nobody was really enthusiastic about eating it.









I tried every single meal but just tried, I didn't really eat it. Afterwards, I was still hungry so I went to eat some real food. Still, it was an interesting experience.

2 comments:

  1. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete